Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, April 11, 2004

so much FOOD!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I have lots of bread, tortillas and English muffins.

I have about 20 lbs. of fruits and vegies, including mushrooms and fresh ginger!!!

I have about five gallons of Roma tomatoes, that I'm going to make sauce from, with fresh: basil, marjoram and oregano. I have plenty of my own garlic, so I'll use some of that, too.

I have spinich salad.

For Easter dinner, I just ate spinich salad with honey mustard dressing and a chunk of lamb.

I'm drying out the herbs in strainers right now.

I'm cooking down about five gallons of roma tomatoes, tofu, black beans, herbs, onions for stew next week. I'll freeze it in the Volunteer refrigerator at KUNM this week, bring it home to thaw on Thurs afternoon.

I got rides to everything: Project Share, KUNM, back to PS, and home with a TRUNK full of food!

I made a huge chocolate cake with oatmeal and topped it with fruit in cornstarch and syrup sauce.

There weren't a lot of people at Civic Plaza today, so we had leftovers.

The leftover Easter eggs I gave to the director of Project Share, to put in kids' Easter baskets for supper tonight.

I'm so tired, I can barely move!

It never snowed or rained here today, so that's lucky. But the WIND! BRRRR.....

I have most of the food put away already. Some is stored outside temporarily.

I'll never go hungry again! I can't wait! I'll be stronger, slimmer, healthier.

I can eat as much produce as I want, for the rest of my life!

No comments: