Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I'm a potato

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Yawh. I managed to take a normal nap! I was awake by five pm.

Porky and I walked to the convenience store, but I'm in trouble. My balance is way off and I'm very weak.

I knew my arms were tired when I woke with cramps, but my legs and back are suffering, too.

I'm also pretty dizzy.

Came home to chicken, noodles in alfredo sauce, pastry with butter and raspberry jam (these last were liberated from the Hyatt, during the public broadcasters' conference).

Had a tall, cold glass of soda pop. I'm reviving slightly.

I really don't eat enough.

It's a pleasant evening out. A cool breeze is refreshing me through the bedroom window.

I'm watching a show about fiver optics. It's really fascinating! And pretty! The diameter of a human hair! Glass! And it's flexible!

whoa....

Stuff like that excites the hell out of me.

Did you know Bell thought up light wave communications a hundred years ago?? just didn't have fiber optic cable...

people can be SO wonderful, when we're not being snot heads...

Well, I see several of you have been checking in several times today, so, here I am.

Finally: a boring, ordinary day. No crisis, no angst, no rush, no hustle, no good news, no bad news.

Just a tired body, piles of drying weeds and a lingering smell of chicken from the kitchen....

I sure could use a massage...sigh.

No comments: