Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, April 11, 2004

White Easter

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Well, it's not snowing right here, yet, but lots of people are digging through snow on their egg hunts this morning.

Sunrise services are suffering bad attendence. I'll never understand that: their god, they say, suffered horribly for them; but they can't brave an inch of snow, or some cold wind, for their god? whoa....

I paid homage to the Goddess of Duck Eggs already this morning. Poor duckies: when the weather's cold on weekends, they have nothing to eat. Weekdays, the gardener feeds them. Warm days, people bring bread and stuff.

But on a cold, windy weekend day, the duckies go hungry, if the bugs aren't near the surface of the soil.

The ducks don't like me; I rob their nests. But they were so desperate today, they all came toward me as I made my rounds.

Poor duckies.

I forgot to bring them some old cereal and bread I have, darn it!

I noticed yesterday that they were begging; today, they're darn near frantic.

I'm wearing my Easter dress, anyway. I put my camel hair coat over it outside...jacket, really. I wear ski pants under it outside.

I'm hungry, but Food Not Bombs starts in about an hour, so I think I'll wait 'til then.

I got six duck eggs today. I've got about 45 boiled and dyed for the homeless people.

I got pretty cold out there this morning. My cheeks are buzzing.

Tomorrow, easter candy goes on sale! whoo hoo!

No comments: