Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Interviews

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I got 2 interviews today: the Governor's spokesperson and a rep. from the Albuquerque Archaeological Association.

I was scared spitless with the first one. It was by telephone, and I was so sure I'd screw up and push the wrong button. But it went fine.

I spoke with Pahl Shiply. I asked my questions, and a few follow ups as well.

At the end, I explained I'm new to this story. I said that, if I hadn't addressed all the points that were important, I wanted to give him an opportunity to elaborate.

He said that, no, it was a good interview.

I thanked him and hung up.

I went into the newsroom to brag and hop up and down. Leslie Clark then told me Shiply used to be News Director at Channel 7 news!!!!

I said, I'm glad you didn't tell me that before the interview, or I'd have had a stroke! LOL

I asked if the positioning of artifacts in the corridor might be significant to archaeoastronomy. Shiply was dead silent for a minute; he didn't have an answer. I'm interested, I'd said, if moving the artifacts might disrupt their significance.

I asked the archaeology lady the same thing. She didn't know, either, but promised she'd try to find me someone to ask.

IF they want to stop the road, something like that could be very important.

I was there five hours today. I got a lot done.

I called all my people about scheduling interviews, but nobody called me back. sigh.

It'll happen. I'll make it happen, somehow.

I left my email address with the newsroom, in case someone does call back, so we can communicate while I'm not at the station.

I could end up with a nice, five day series: one day for each of the governor's conditions, and one for wrap up, five minutes per.

I had a lot of fun doing this, when I wasn't scared spitless.

The archaeology lady brought her fifteen month old son. He grabbed at the microphone, he fussed when she talked. She set him on the floor and he ran around, pushing buttons! In the elevator, on the way back down, he pressed the emergency phone button and the police were talking to me...I explained a baby did it...lord, have mercy.

I'd told her that, if the baby fussed while she was talking, she should just wait for him to settle back down and repeat herself.

So, I ended up with good sound, anyway.

I'm resting awhile. Then, I need to start swamping out this pig sty!

Everybody's crazy; I'm just more obvious...

No comments: