Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, June 28, 2004

And it's Monday!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Oh, how nice: I wake to sound-rich reporting; I fall over the cat as I stumble in the semidark to go pee.

I never found my 2-cup size Winnie The Pooh mug, for my coffee. Drained half a regular cup from the thermos, and am impatiently waiting for the new pot I'm brewing.

I hear a promotion for a radio special, produced by my advisor.

I wonder if the piece I'm editing is for a National Geographic expidition on NPR, and realize I'm too scared of that to pretend to remix the piece. Shake myself out of intimidation and tell myself, "Rogi, you're only doing it for the practice."

I fall over the dog in the semidarkness and climb back in bed to check email.

Now, I'm listening to a report about two physicists. They found a way, using light, cameras and digital audio to play fragile recordings which would be destroyed by conventional play. Nothing touches the old, wax cylindars but light. They got the idea from listening to NPR.

A simple news report can change technology! WHOA!

The two sips in the bottom of my cup are tepid now, and I listen to the coffee pot, to hear if it's still gurgling.

I'll leave in about fifteen minutes.

I'll FINALLY collect any duck eggs laid in this heat.

I'm headed to the station, to find my missing audio files, so I can post them on my domain.

I'm planning to photocopy stuff to read at Open Mic night, Wednesday.

Gulp.

Best not to think about that; best to just do the work.

Well, it's time to dress and run a brush through this mane.

Wish me luck!

No comments: