Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, June 21, 2004

lucky underwear

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

About a month ago, on my walk to the radio station, I dumpster dove.

Baby, I hit a gold mine! I think, by some of the stuff I found, a stripper moved out and all her stuff was in a dumpster.

I got elbow length gloves, black and white pairs. I got beautiful scarves. Satin curtains and sheets. Nice "street" wear.

And the BEST, sexy underwear! I washed it all with a little amonia, to kill germs.

Every TIME I wear some of it...and it was about 2 grocery sacks full...something wonderful happens.

Today, I wore the leopard spotted bra and panti set.

I went to the station today, to get help finding my stuff on all the computers. Someone helped me, and burned a disc for me, of all my interviews, scripts, notes, etc. I also have software to put the borrowed computer on the University's ISP. I need a long phone cord, first.

The Gurrlz on da 1st floor will take care of the hummingbird feeder until I return the 1st week of July.

National Native News knows I'll be back in July.

I know what kind of interface I need to buy, to record telephone interviews.

I apologized to the station manager, for being a "pain in the ass, but I mean well." He smiled.

I got hugs from my two, favorite reporters.

I took care of my business, hunny!

I flirted a little.

I came home hot and tired, with a headache from the glare. I'm enjoying my underwear, under the air conditioner, with Osa's hot cat paw on my knee.

I don't know. I feel beautiful. I'm full of energy, even though I'm tired.

I'm not scared or worried or any of that.

Someone emailed, worrying about the equipment.

First, nobody's welcomed in my home who isn't trustworthy. The Food Not Bombs people are good hearted and hard working. Anybody else is radio people. So, they're not going to mess with anything.

As for my pin head neighbors, the crack whores and drunks in the alley, etc.: they're all terrified of Porkchop, my pit bull. I mean, they're SCARED of him. All last year, he charged and snarled at anybody who passed by.

He's more mellow now, but THEY don't know that, and that's FINE with me!

I need to fry me some chicken, warm up some of the FABULOUS cheese garlic bread we made yesterday, and eat some salad with honey mustard dressing.

I feel ten years younger!

No comments: