Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

LE GOT ME DRUNK!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

There's a joke at KUNM. Whenever something's wrong in the newsroom, Le hollers, "It's Rogi's fault!" Cracks me up. Doesn't matter if the problem is TOTALLY unrelated to ANYthing I could have touched, done, said, known about...she always says it...even in front of Re.

Well, I emailed her today. She was gonna come over last night, for bbq and margaritas. But I was busy feeling sorry for myself.

So I asked today if she'd take me to the store and I'd bbq for her.

Screw the price. It wasn't cheap, but I bought 2 giant sirloins and 2 ears of corn.

So, Le bought ice, Jose Quervo, and some mixer.

Well, I'm toasted like a bagel. And we had so much fun! We just talked and gossiped and told each other our stories and ...it was good, old fashioned gurrl talk and bitch session.

We had NOTHING on our plates but GIANT slabs of steak! LOL The corn finally got done, but we didn't eat it.

It was about margaritas and beef.

She's a hoot. I really like her ass. And I'm not just saying that 'cause I know she'll read this. She's da bomb!

She, like me, was upper class. Now, we're just middle aged crazy broads. She's a great reporter, a kind person, funny, genuinely loving and has a streak of silly that cracks me up!

I think I have a gurrl friend.

So, I'm on my 3rd margarita and feelin' no damn pain.

It was a true and genuine celebration: of good careers, gone bad; of people we love and people we love to hate. It was back stories and funny stories and chewin' da fat.

I really needed that. I think she did, too.

She's a mess; I'm a mess and we get along like sisters.

It's been WAY too long since I've had a gurrl friend to pass time with. We fed the catz and dog bits of steak and just talked and talked and talked.

I had more fun than I've had in ages.

It was perfect!

Thanks for stopping by, Le! Let's do it again real soon!

No comments: