Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

email to my compatriot

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Hi.

It occurs to me that I'll probably need internet access with that computer. Primarily, I'll need it for FTPing stuff.

For most internet access, I'll use my WebTV. It has a very strong firewall, and we don't get cooties. So, if I'm careful, I shouldn't drag home any worms, viruses, or other nasty stuff. I never open email attachments, etc., for instance from a puter--only from my LBB (little black box).

But I've already run into an encryption compatibility problem with my WebTV. Ra got me set up with UNM's ISP. I tried to change my password from my LBB this morning, and couldn't. I'll have to do it from a puter.

Once that ISP's set up, I'll see if I can log on with my LBB. It might not let me! oops.

If that's true, I can still use my Webtv account for my LBB, and have the UNM ISP for a puter. But it won't cut my WebTV bill in half, if I can't use my LBB on the UNM account. sniff.

Well, that's enough alphabet soup out of me for the morning!

I've already told Ra what I'm doing. She was afraid I was going to give up, and I almost did.

Next, I plan to email Tr, so he knows what I'm up to. He's a very helpful person. Right now, he's up to his eyes in alligators over there, and I don't want to burden him.

But he knows my feelings about producing independently, and is already throwing toys and advice at me! Bless his fuzzy, lil heart.

I'm spending the day, surfing AIR, tidying my home and taking care of myself. I need a pedicure badly. And my animals are so glad I'm home, they're following me everywhere!

I'm calling it a vacation. I needed it. And how.

I still want to "pay" you. Since you're a jet setting bachelor now, you'll need food. And I have plenty of gourmet, nonGMO goodies here. I'll keep you posted on available food stuffs, so you won't starve.

I like to feed people. Pardon me. It's a class thing: poor people show their respect for others by feeding them, even if it means they'll have to go hungry doing it. Feeding someone is the most fundamental form of care giving. And I'm pretty damn good at it.

Eventually, when my plans for world domination are farther along, I'll cut you in on projects, and pay you in that disgusting green stuff.

But, for now, all the green I have is spinach.

I woke up happy and excited: my normal way of waking up. I wasn't feeling hell-bent to overcome the obstacles and I wasn't demoralized and dreading the day, as I have been recently. I hate that.

I like to bounce out of bed, trip on a cat, fumble for the coffee and busily plan my day with an attitude of expectancy and anticipation.

I felt that way again this morning.

And you helped me get there.

You're a gift, buddy.

Hugs,

Rogi

--
Thank you,

Rogi Riverstone

http://rriverstone.com

No comments: