Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

scootable!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Ah! My new tubes and tires just arrived! What a SCORE! At least eighty-five dollars' worth, for twenty bucks, inc. shipping! YES!

And it confirms my suspicions re: air pressure.

It's hard for me to see the difference between an 8 and a 3.

The ORIGINAL tires were 85 psi.

The SECOND tire was 35.

I've been inflating an original tire, plus original tubes, at only 35!~

No WONDER they were getting all screwed up!

THESE tubes go to THESE tires, and the tires DEFINATELY say 85 psi!

I'm not messing with them, right now. It's hot out, and I'm busy.

I don't have anywhere to go today, anyway.

So, I'll put them on tonight.

I've written to 2 of the 3 people to whom I need to apologize, letting them know I'm mobile, at their convenience.

The third person has not replied to my first inquiry. I'm not surprised. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Can't blame that person, anyway. I really f...ed up.

But I have my scooter back! AHHHHH!

I'll have to inflate tires at the gas station. No WAY I can pump 85 psi with that hand pump, and not dislocate my shoulders!

Besides, I need to stop at that bicycle store for Slime! He said he'd help me with the valve stems & stuff, so I could see how it's done. Later, I can do it myself.

But punctures weren't the problem. The loose tubes were rubbing inside the tire, kinking up and wearing holes.

I'm going to need to be religious in air pressure!

WHEW!

No comments: