Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, June 17, 2004

I'm already wealthy, and didn't really know 'til today

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I feel so blessed.

Once in awhile, a day comes along that completely tears away the illusion.

Today is such a day for me.

I've looked into the eyes of powerful, brillance today. I've been truly seen, recognized. Even things I'd have preferred remain buried are in the light, shining beautifully. Because a fellow traveller refused to accept less than my truth.

It was a nearly-spiritual experience. Either that, or I'm so punchy from so much intensity on three hours' sleep, I'm delusional! LOL

Seriously, this is a day of RADICAL transformation.

It seems people were LITERALLY placed in my path, at just the right time. I even ran into one on my way home; he was as surprised to see me as I was to see him.

People I'd never expect to, are offering me the most generous support.

I'm dumbfounded!

I'm not clear what happens now, beyond a much-deserved and hard-earned nap.

But whatever it is, I'm just about certain it's going to be fabulous!

I feel I should pinch myself, to make sure I'm still really awake!

I mean, people are APPEARING to offer support: tangible, emotional, professional...

It's the damnedest thing!

I allowed myself to be bound, restricted. I thought I had to do it; I didn't know any other way.

I made myself as small as I could.

But funny things happen to matter when it's compressed. It heats as the molocules bump into each other, cause friction.

If the pressure continues, the matter reaches a point of critical mass. I'm not sure, as I barely graze physics, what happens next.

But, somehow, if there's enough matter not to burn up, a nuclear reaction develops.

I think it's because the pressure becomes so great, the atoms split apart.

When that happens, tremendous forces of energy and light errupt.

That's when stars are born.

Now, if the pressure continues past that point, a black hole can develop. It is so dense, it sucks everything around it into itself, even light. It warps the fabric of space and time.

Well, I was released from the pressure before that happened.

I am glowing, burning and shining.
I have pulled nothing into me that will be destroyed. I'm giving off heat, light and energy.

My eleven o'clock appointment was a total and exquisite Gift. My companion midwifed as I birthed myself: not a glamorous or graceful process.

I am totally awe struck by what has happened to me!

I could never have imagined anything like this!

I've just been staring into space, grinning, shaking my head in wonderment!

It'll take me some time to absorb and comprehend it all.

I am so humbled, so full of joy.

I feel so honored to be in the company of the people with whom I'm connecting.

I feel clean.

No comments: