Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, June 14, 2004

plans for world domination right on schedule

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Man, I've worked my butt off today!

In addition to cleaning up from FNB (which shouldn't have been necessary, ahem), cooking, garnening, watering, exercising, sewing and studying radio, I built that friggin' blog! LOL

BUt I have internet crap scattered all over my "favorites," and I want to get it all online, somewhere I don't have to pay for the friggin' BANDWIDTH!

SO, I've been going through all my folders, finding useful stuff.

Thought I'd just post the most useful, first, and start working my way through.

I'm already a member of some of the links on the bottom of the blog, by the way. And I write for 3 of them. That's a nice feeling, y'know? I'd slap them lil logos and links down and feel pretty damn good about my ig'nant self!

Anybody who helps, who has a web site, gets linked. It'll be quite a Rogi's Gallery, in a year or so, if I have that many links already! SHEESH!

I'm a joiner, but I'm also a loner. I'll read the newsletters. But I don't like the potlucks and rubber chicken. Y'know?

I contribute as I can, usually with free publicity in my blogs, websites, etc.

Now, I want to start researching listening to PEOPLE skills.

My legs are SO mad at me! I did some simple ballet exercises today. My arms are pretty pissed, too.

Guess those ballet lessons finally paid off, huh?

Between the ballet and the toenail polish, I really AM turning into a twinkle toes!

I don't remember all them fancy Frenchy names for ballet positions and junk any more. I basically stretched and squatted and stuff like that. Felt pretty good, actually, though I'm pretty amazed what bad shape I'm in.

But, after a year of this, I ought to be feelin' a lot better. Gotta get that muscle tone back and GOTTA be more flexible! I'm scary stiff! JEES!

Been protecting my body from pain too much, afraid to move. It's like I'm turning to stone.

I was never a jock, but I was a pretty good dancer, ballet and modern. And gawd knows I could work!

Mom laughed one day, when she looked out the kitchen window and saw me walking across the back yard with the chicken coop on my back! LOL Damn thing was four feet tall, six feet wide, and eight feet long: plywood and chicken wire.

I must've looked like a turtle on LSD.

I still work hard, but I sure pay for it!

Regular stretching and exercising ought to help.

My garden's outrageous. My house is comfy. My back yard is neat and efficient.

People are finally coming over: to cook for FNB, yes, but also just to hang out for awhile. It's been WAY too long since THAT happened! Jesus, I haven't really had good hang out buddies in ten years! That's awful!

So, I'm smart as hell and socially retarded; whacha goin' do?

I'm actually nervous about this one person who's coming, to bring the borrowed audio equipment. I have a feeling this person has a pretty neat and organized life. My house looks like a combination: swap meet, curiosity shop, art gallery, library and hair ball!

But, when people visit, they begin to understand: I really am as ecclectic and interested in everything as I say I am.

It's interesting, seeing what people find interesting. There's plenty to look at, but they always focus on the thing that interests them the most.

I get a pretty accurate psychological read out of my guests, based on what they obsess on in my house...

...something for nearly everybody.

Well, I guess I shouldn't have napped, cuz i's after midnight, and I'm still peckin away on this here keyboard. But my fingers are pretty sore.

The more I study radio, the more into it I get. All this digital stuff makes things SO much easier! I can earn a living in my pajamas!

I'm going to turn into Mole Woman, never coming out except to eat!

The resources for indy prod. online are really amazing!

Back in the day, radio was as clunky as any other medium: took years to figure stuff out that is now taking me weeks! Especially editing!

Well, I guess I'll drop dead 'til daylight.

Scooter tires are due tomorrow or the next day; they're on their way; checked the tracking number.

I gotta quit; I'm all dyslexic. Have to keep stopping to correct my spelling. Or typing. Whatever.

I'm going to be ok.

I stood in my garden this afternoon, watering my wilting sunflowers.

Suddenly, a shock of electricity ran through me. I gasped at the realization that, soon, I'm going to have an indy prod studio, right in my home!

I'm going to MAKE IT!

I'm getting OUT! I'm getting OVER!

I have real support from at least three radio pros, whose opinions matter.

I'm going to produce stuff that is helpful to people!

I'm going to make a...modest...difference!

This is my THING!

And I'm FINALLY on my way!

I thought about my advisor. I thought what an unlikely and impossible thing that I found this person. I didn't ask for help, beyond the normal stuff we all ask each other for, when producing something. And out of the blue, I'm being assisted in a very real, pragmatic way that'll get me earning a living ALMOST the minute the equipment comes in the door!

See why I'm studying so hard??? I wanna be ready to rock & roll, when it gets here. I have a few days' down time, 'til the scooter tires get here, so I'd better get myself organized, with a map, compass, first aid kit and the other basics.

I won't have to ask my advisor for much help, now that I've rummaged the internet resources.

I CAN DO THIS!

No comments: