Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Radical Therapy

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

When I ran away from home and joined the Lesbians, I was exposed to Radical Therapy.

I don't remember ever participating in a group, for any length of time. But the theories, philosophies and techniques permiated most of the community work in which I was involved. So, I learned a lot.

The main thing I learned was from a very funny saying,

"If you're paranoid, it's valid. And, if it's valid, it isn't paranoia."

That little expression has helped me in many situations.

I barely remember the concepts of Radical Therapy, on a conscious level, at least.

But it suddenly occurred to me: I bet there's info. on the 'net!

I seriously believe that, in these Orwelian times, Radical Therapy deserves a serious revival!

Let me see what I find, and post some of it here.

The page I posted is not adequate, but it's a fair-to-middlin' definition, anyway.

Radical Therapy Resource Guide: has a nice description of a group, under the "how to run a group" section. But, again, this is too brief.

I found this list of books, with links to each on Amazon.com, but you'll have to scroll pretty far down on the page, to find them.

Radical Therapy, Critical Theory, and Antipsychiatry

And here's a POSSIBLE resource. I'm skeptical, as these are people from within the system, but I haven' looked too closely yet.

http://www.radpsynet.org/

No comments: