Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, June 24, 2004

my body's mad at me.

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Oof!

2 loads of laundry, gardening, chores. Got my cats & witches set up in my yard. That big shelf in the living room is empty and ready to hold sound stuff.

I finally fixed the fountain on my gold fish tub. Looks cute as hell.

Porkchop escaped this morning, out the front gate, while I was watering!

He was all scared I'd punish him, so he KINDA took off. He'd trot ahead of me a few steps, turn, look at me so sadly.

I finally walked the other way.

Then he walked into the neighbor's yard to smell their dog through their fence.

He let me take his collar and lead him home.

In the old days, he'd have taken off for blocks, running at full tilt.

He's civilized! I did it! He's my dog now! WHEW!

I'm hungry, but too tired to cook. Guess I'll nibble and graze. I should cook some chicken, but to heck with it!

My advisor's coming over in about an hour to help with the computer again. I'll need to concentrate on that, so I don't burn my chicken, anyway.

I hurt. I hurt badly.

Last night was very stressful on my body: tiny, auditorium chairs, nerves...

I'm totally enjoying lying here with Osa at my elbow and Porkchop at my feets.

I feel like crying. Part of it's pain and fatigue. But part of it's joy and relief.

I AM going to be ok.

No comments: