Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, June 25, 2004

yawn

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

oo, I stayed up way, too late last night! I had passwords to fix, settings to find...blah blah...

I want to make sure that puter doesn't get any cooties. I've got it set to reject most cookies, for instance, and plug ins, too. I'm trying to resist spyware, worms, etc.

I guess I'll have to stop using yahoomail; I can't access it easily on WebTV anymore; it's been "improved." heh. I'm worried the HTML ads might have transparent gifs, will attach evil cookies, etc.

Can't read my sitemeters from the computer, either, for the same reason.

I made rriverstone.com my home page; I KNOW it doesn't have nasty cooties on IT!

So, I adjusted privacy and security settings last night. It's not much fun to surf with the puter that way; I get alerts all the time. But I'm happy, knowing I'm not putting the poor thing in danger.

I listened to the piece my advisor wants me to edit. Ain't gonna be easy, McGee; it's very sound-rich and funny. I want to keep it all.

Editing is the art of killing people's children. It's cruel sometimes....LOL

I called Laura, from Net4TV Games, last night. I haven't called her in a long time. I use her 1-888 number, which costs her, and I didn't want to add distraction, expense to her efforts to build her business.

So, I got to get excited, tell details I can't tell people here, brag a LITTLE (I fear swelled head syndrome) and plot with her my Plans For World Domination. :)

I woke, several hours ago, with a HUGE Charlie horse in my right calf! DANG it was a bad 'un!

I worked as an attendant to a woman who'd had a massive stroke. The left side of her body was paralysed. I remember the agony she went through, with muscle cramps, as I put her through her range-of-motion exercises. Nobody'd DONE that with her in a LONG time! She would just wimper.

Unused, unchallenged muscles really struggle to get back in shape.

My poor, neglected and abused body!

All I can do is drink lots of water, reduce the smoking, keep working the muscles, take asprin when it gets REALLY bad, and be patient.

I just keep telling myself, "I have to be ready. I've only got one year to be ready."

I don't know what or where my career will be in a year. I only know I want my body back, so I can face whatever's coming with strength, grace, endurance, balance and felxibility.

I walked past a "help wanted" sign the other day. It was near my house. The job was part time. It would have been hard and stressful, even at part time. But I fought the urge to walk in and apply.

I always apply for jobs within walking distance of wherever I live, no matter how difficult the job would be on my body.

So, this is a radical shift in my behavior. I walked past the opportunity to earn minimum wage.

I'm still going back and forth about it. I should have; I can't right now....

I feel a pang of guilt: I'm getting too big for my britches, who do I think I am, lazy welfare bum...blah blah....

But I have a pile of work to do right now, anyway: two projects for my advisor and one for Laura.

She paid me for the 1st 200 word game clues. I didn't get an email notice from PayPal; I may have accidentally deleted it with spam. She asked me to go to PP and check. Sure enough, there it was.

I transferred it to my bank acc't.

With the other batch of words I'll do today, and th 2 radio projects, I'll have a comfortable amount to buy a MiniDisc recorder.

Next month, I should have enough work to kiss my bank good bye.

And, next month, I'll start making appointments to get these rotten teeth out of my head.

I'll have to wear dentures for the forseeable future. But, if I ever get affluent, I'll get molars that screw into my jaws, and get a bridge for the upper front teeth. The lower front seem to be ok. I've only got 2 molars, top and bottom, that match up for chewing right now. And they only barely match.

I look younger. I was looking washed out, colorless, puffy and bland. My body is resuming a womanly shape. My face was always round and full, but it has some angles and definition to it now.

I just look better. I certainly feel better! Never mind the Charlie horses.

I'm working myself up to taking dance lessons. Something ethnic and cardiovascular. Maybe clogging, or other hillbilly dancing, but probably just folk dancing. Belly dancing? THAT would be FUN! Not flamenco: too much stomping; ain't good for joints.

I need to dance again! I LOVE to dance!

And I've got a secret for you: a dancing body has more fun in bed!

Well, there's a show about media/violence/peace on my radio. I want to listen, so I'm outtie!

No comments: