Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, June 20, 2004

I have a production studio!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

My advisor just dropped off the computer and mic!

Now, listen to this:

We were working on Food Not Bombs this morning.

NPR's Weekend Sunday was on the radio.

They started reading listener mail.

They announced that they got a lot of mail about his piece which aired last week.

One reader exhulted that it restored her pride in being an American, in a time when all things Patriotic have been usurped by very reactionary forces in our country.

I made my companion stay quiet, until they'd finished reading letters about him.

I can edit audio from my living room now.

Soon, I'll be able to record, too, without borrowing equipment.

He sees who I am and loaned me his back up computer, so I can earn a living.

And, get this!

In exchange for use of his computer, he'll let me edit and mix sound for one of his shows!

WHOOOOOOOOA!

No comments: