Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, June 28, 2004

PAIN!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

ooo, it's really bad!

I found one duck egg...sniff!

I found ALMOST all my news stories. I think only one is still missing.

I printed out stuff for Open Mic.

The extra computer's getting worked on, even as I write. But he doesn't think it has enough RAM to power Audacity audio editing, but he'll try to add some RAM.

I talked with Programming about doing youth radio, as an assistant.

I got help, converting the .wav files of my stories to .rm, and had help putting them on the server. They have links now; I'll put them on my website tonight, after I rest awhile.

The pain is hideous! Shoulders, neck, legs...back.

Laura at the Science Fair watched me throughout the day, as I slowly devolved into a weak, confused, slow mass.

I can't work in an office setting; it's too painful.

Oh! I also helped a woman produce a news story.

I stayed focused. I stayed calm, even though the pain was a wild thing on my back, digging into me, screaming at me, demanding attention.

And my belly, where the baby was, it's really tender today.

I have to make an appointment at that aweful clinic again. Shoot!

By the time I got help with the sound files, I was really having trouble. I couldn't see. It hurt to sit upright. My mind was fuzzy and I couldn't absorb information or answer questions quickly. I was pretty disoriented.

I don't know HOW I managed to go in, all day, every day, when I depended on rides.

It was a nightmare. I was in just too dang much pain!

I've had these weeks of gentleness with myself. I was doing much better.

One half day at that office, and I'm as sick as ever.

Here, I can lay down to work the 'net or edit audio. Here, my clothes don't restrict me, my shoes don't bother my feet. Here, I can work without distractions or interruptions, get up to do physical work for awhile so I don't get stiff, and come back to find my work exactly as I left it.

That place isn't natural. I don't even think it's healthy...not for me, anyway.

I suppose other people become accustomed to office place situations. But they sure have a lot of adaptive equipment, to endure the physical stress.

I can't do it. I just can't.

More power to those who can, truly.

Tina, at National Native News, has some ideas for me. She is so generous, so fun, so sweet, so positive, so respectful! She's a joy to work with.

I'm resting for awhile, and then it's back to earning money on the puter.

I took Porkchop today. He slept in his dog carrier, on my trailer, while I was inside. I'd come down to let him out regularly. He got lots of attention and a few bites of taquitos.

He's very glad to be home, too: on the bed, spread out under the air conditioner, resting.

Three cats came to greet me as I drove up; they missed me.

It's threatening to rain, and I sure wish it would. I need to refresh this hurting, grieving body. And the garden could use it, too.

I'm just one, little sick, old lady, y'know?

I'm really amazed, sometimes, that I do as well as I do, given the circumstances.

I think a nap is in order.

Thank goodness I bought a thousand asprin! WhOO!

No comments: