Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

ok, NOW, I'm up!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Chaco came in to sleep on the pillow beside me. This is unusual, as it's summer, and snoozing on lawn furniture is the fashion these days.

He's still in here, stretched out at my feet, dead to the world.

I'm a lot less grumpy since my nap. Unfortunately, I caught only the tail of "Bioneers." The subject was female genital mutilation. Well, the subject was how one can guage the health of a culture by its treatment of its women. I hope I can snag a copy.

Good lord! There's a hummingbird bander? Can you imagine banding hummingbirds? Mercy!

It's nine. It's time for me to think about getting ready to go. I need to get the scooter fixed and go to Smith's for some groceries.

Then I go to the station.

The 3rd person never emailed. So I'm not looking forward to a confrontation. Of course, that's been true for months, anyway. I never know what will happen and it fills me with unease.

But I've got to get some sort of closure on this mess. I need to know what my options are, so I can resume my work...or not.

The ballet exercises are working better than weight lifting. I think I'll wait on the weights 'til my muscles are stronger from stretching.

Of all the places my muscles are getting worked, guess where I feel it the worst?

My feet! Particularly, I feel it in the soles of my feet, my ankles, and the insteps. I'm working the muscles without knowing it.

It's a good thing, though. My ankles, in particular, stiffen from walking. I feel little of that stiffness, despite the ouchies of stretching.

My feet and legs feel hot and tingly, but are not throbbing and have no numbness.

It's not fun, stinging and burning like this. But I feel I'm making a difference to my overall health.

And ballet is meditative. I'm so concentrated on feeling the part of my body I'm working, I get totally into it. Very Zen.

Well, I need breakfast and a shower...desperately.

So I'm outtie.

No comments: