Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, June 21, 2004

Day After Christmas

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Ah, what a Summer Solstice! The highest ration of light to dark during the year.

I woke up excited. I couldn't remember why.

Fuzzy and bumbling, I went toward the livingroom, to retrieve my coffee mug to fill.

And there sat The Computer: silent, white, loaded with potential.

I had a hard time, finding my coffee mug. I used to keep my water glass, coffee mug and ashtray on that table.

But The Computer goes there now. I won't let anything near it that could damage it. Beverages and ashes are forbidden.

Looks like I'll have to start smoking outside now.

I squeeked, when I saw The Computer. It's a symbol, heavy with meaning. It's the Monolith from "2001: a Space Odyssey." It appears and consciousness evolves. I'm in the throes of a paradigm shift, and I know it.

What happens next is anybody's guess.

But the basic symbolism is: self sufficiency, creative expression, useful work, education, communication, income.

It'll be hard, frustrating work. There will be times when I feel I'm over my head, under looming deadlines, totally frustrated by editors, aching for final approval and payment....

But that's nothing compared to my experiences of insecurity.

I finally found the coffee mug. That should be obvious; I can't blog without caffeine.

I have to find a method to do telephone interviews from here. I'm already researching equipment and software.

Dog's barking.

No comments: