Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, June 19, 2004

soundproofing?

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Reply to an email:

Yes, you may share it in alt.discuss.

As to sound proofing, that's very simple. Most of the interviews I conduct will include whatever sound is in the background when I interview.

I'll bring it home and write a script for me to narrate around the sound bites. Then, I'll print out the script, run into the bathroom, close the door, and record myself, reading the script!

Then, I go back into the living room, put all the audio into the computer and open the audio editing program.

I cut the sound I want and paste it all together, in order. It's like cutting pieces of ribbon and sewing them together. It's really pretty easy.

Once I've put it all together, I mix it down into a single sound file, compress it from .wav to mp3, and FTP it or email it to my clients.

I can even put background sounds under voice, like background music, bird songs, factory sounds, whatever. I can control how loud or soft each piece of audio will sound in the finished piece.

It's a hell of a lot of fun, frankly!

By the way, "Open Mic" mens I show up at a coffee house, sign up to perform, and sit there, being nervous, 'til it's my turn to read my stuff to a room full of total strangers, some of whom might be in positions to either offer me other opportunities, or spread the word that I'm a flake and a loser, whatever. LOL

No comments: