Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

life's weird; then, you die

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I have a ten pound sack of chicken legs! Big, fat, plump ones! 2 are frying right now, and Porkchop's having extacies! I deliberately fried 2, so the critters could share. It's cheaper than pet food, but don't tell them, ok?

It was HOT out there! I mean, by the time I pushed the moped, which was running, and everything, six blocks to the bike shop, I was dehydrated! Poor Porkchop went with me and flopped his belly down on that cool linoleum to chill.

I have slime and air pressure now!

Took Porky home & went to Smith's. I was terribly evil: I bought two packages of PRIME RIB!!!!!! On sale, but still not cheap. And my chicken legs.

Went to KUNM. Sat with Laura and talked awhile. Leslie came out and we chatted. They both went on and on about how good I looked.

Now, I didn't do anything weird: same makeup and stuff. A ratty, old seersucker, plaid jumper with a grey tank top and plaid boxer shorts underneath. And my gym shoes, of course.

And then a kid who works upstairs got on the elevator with me. He just kept looking at me and saying, "Wow!"

I explained I've had a nice vacation.

I told a reporter, whom I admire very much, I'm going indy. Got a BEAMING smile and a handshake that nearly knocked me off my feet! THAT was a surprise. This person never has an opinion about me. LOL

My meeting with Ma went reasonably well. He has his stuff; I have mine. I think I was heard. I really like the cuss, and said so, and also said I don't want to feel I have to be guarded or resentful around him. I really DO like the cuss! He's been very helpful, teaching me stuff. He's never been patronizing or impatient about that. I am always drawn to people who are strong and opinionated. Just like me. So, naturally, I appreciated him, immediately.

I'm not good at figuring out the power structures and stuff over there. It gets pretty confusing at times.

Everybody's just busting their humps, trying to produce good content for the station. That's pretty much the bottom line. And I DO respect that.

Sometimes, our METHODS collide, though.

Well, long story short, my meeting ended with a good hug. That's always useful.

I got my stuff out of the desk drawer in the newsroom. That was bugging me, as was the food I've left. I had a whole can of pineapple juice, for instance! LOL

My legs are mad at me.

My house smells of fried chicken: always a wonderful thing! I have leftover vegies from Food Not Bombs, and some cooked taters, so I'm makin' tater salad, with sour cream, plain yogurt and soy mayo.

Tomorrow, it's duck eggs and working on my stories at KUNM.

I have a meeting at eleven, with another person. I hugged her too, today, just because.

Standing on the scooter is still a problem, but I'm out of shape. My legs will get used to it.

I have work! My borrowed computer is being dickered with and will be here directly. I'm bringing home the science fair 'puter, in pieces, on the scooter, over the week, too, so I can get it online for copy, sound scripts, etc.

As for the third person, I've done my best to repair things.

I sure wish I knew what I did to get so many compliments today, so I could do it again! LOL

No comments: