Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, June 06, 2004

to FNB email list

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Hi!

Forgive me, but my memory's so bad. So, I have trouble, remembering names. I don't remember the name of the woman who picked up produce from Roadrunner, but thanks! She volunteered to go back next week. And she helped with chopping, washing and cooking, too.

Nola and Frank, I hope?, went to Annapurna and to Wild Oats and brought over TONS of stuff!

They're planning to go back next week, too.

We didn't have a Co-Op pick up this week, but we certainly lived quite nicely without it!

I have ten gallons of tomato sauce, simmering on my stove for next week, as I write!

Nola has agreed to pick up our FREE REFRIGERATOR! WHOO HOOO!!!!! She has the woman's contact numbers, and will make arrangements to bring it here and even set it up. That is, if Porkchop...my dog...will let her inside the gate!

I'll ask my friend at KUNM about picking up at the Co-Op next week, unless someone else wants to do it.

We discussed acquiring a camping stove. It's not so necessary now, but would sure be handy in winter. Someone MIGHT donate one soon.

About the $300: the subject came up of possibly buying a SMALL trailer to haul food, and an adjustable trailer hitch that could be temporarily attached to various people's bumpers.

We can discuss these issues as we go.

For now, we can just hang on to the money, 'til we make a group decision.

I don't know who has a key to Project Share, but we need to arrange to pick up the rest of our stuff there. We need our dry goods, for one thing. I made plenty of space to stash things in my yard. I even have a drop cloth to protect things from rain and dust.

Who's planning to help: cook, deliver/serve, and clean next week?

We had delicious stuff, and too much of it, as usual this week!

Have a great week; see you Sunday!

--
Thank you,

Rogi Riverstone

http://rriverstone.com

No comments: