Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Food Not Bombs

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Well, I made a strawberry rhubarb sauce, with blackberries and raspberries.

We had baked sweet and regular potatoes. Pot of beans, pot of soup. Salads, incl. fruit. Breads.

I have a jar of almond butter, yum.

I have 2 big soup pots on the stove right now, cooking down tomatoes, celery, bell peppers, onions, garlic and fresh herbs for tomatoe sauce. Should have about five gallons, when it's done. It was about 1 1/2 cases of stuff.

I'm sure pooped. ANd it sure was hot out there!

I stayed here and washed dishes and started processing foods, while the kids took the food to Civic Plaza.

I forgot to cook the 2 pizzas we got, so those are in my freezer.

Nola, one of the gals, is going to bring home the refrigerator! YAY~

All in all, a good day and not too much damage done to my house.

Everything's washed and put away.

Almost all the trash and compost are out. Very little is left, besides tomatoe sauce and some containers in the fridge.

When it cools off, I'll finish outside.

Right now, I'm just getting ready to eat, myself.
I'm watching a movie about Charlie Chaplin. Interesting... especially about the Hitler stuff.

Wonder what Charlie would do these days, huh?

No comments: