Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I can barely walk!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Porkchop was barking at something at three am. I tried to get up to either shut him up, or kill an invader. I fell.

I got up, called him in. He came. He won't come, if there's really someone in the alley. Who ever it was had passed, and he was just barking because other dogs were still barking.

So, I went in to pee...and couldn't get up off the toilet. Almost fell into the shower.

Leslie's giving me a ride today. I couldn't possibly walk.

Tina sent me another story idea. Gotta get crackin'.

I got all the blankets washed yesterday. They're hanging to dry.

I only have maybe 3 more loads of clothes and stuff. It'll have to wait 'til I'm stronger on my feet.

I still have that little kitchen to clean. ugh.

I may not get it all done this week, but I'll get close enough they can cook here on Sunday.

I barbequed my chicken in that rub stuff. I put the lid on the bbq, with the vents open, and let it smoke.

That sure is a good smoker! It got the flavors all the way into all of the meat! That old chicken came out juicy, crispy and full of flavor, all the way to the bone. It was a real pleasure.

I've got to remember to cover the bbq today, so it won't get stolen. I hide it amongst the sunflowers; you can't even see it, once it's covered with its navy blue shower curtain!

So, I have chicken and cucumber salad for lunch. I'll take some bread and butter, too. ANd my tub of peach yogurt.

Cucumber salad came out great!

Sliced cucumbers

Diced bell peppers: red, yellow and green

Raw corn, cut from the cob

Spinach

Leftover black bean salad.

1 onion, thinly sliced

Vinegrette:

1 part Balsamic vinegar

1 part Japanese rice wine vinegar

1 part honey

1 part olive oil

1 splash Thai chili oil

Fresh basil, torn

Black pepper

Salt to taste

1 spalsh soy sauce

4 lemons, juiced

Toss everything and LEAVE IT ALONE for an hour, so the lemon juice can conduct the Balsamic vinegar deep into the vegetables.

Tastes even better on the second day!

No comments: